Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Party Bus and a Diet

This weekend I traveled to Miami to meet my Nephew Norman and his wife Diedra who was celebrating her 30th birthday (oh, yes, my nephew is about two years older than me) and their friends.

I think the drive to miami from just about anywhere else on the map is about as close as you can get to pure evil. That said, I love Miami. I love my family. And I love to party.

I recently started a diet, it's called the "Ketogenic diet" It's similar to the pale diet except cheese and dairy are encourage. Being bound to this Keto diet and not being able to eat birthday cake (because of the sugar) and French fries, chips and dip (because of the carbs) I found myself consuming and lot of meat and liquor.

By the time I had reached Miami, I was already one week into this crazy ass diet. And let's just say that before I started Keto that I pretty much ate like a fucking goat.


And then came the drugs, I mean weed, which is not a drug. Or is it? Hmm....I used to think weed is a "drug." But perhaps, as Deleuze and Guattari write, “If the experimentation with drugs has left its mark on everyone, even nonusers, it is because it changed the perceptive coordinates of space-time and introduced us to a universe of microperceptions in which becomings-molecular take over where becomings-animal leave off.”

In all, I had a great time partying and celebrating with family and friends on south beach. I survived my first party bus, too. And nobody got shot, stabbed or arrested, you know, because those things tend to happen episodically in South Beach.

1 comment:

  1. This is a truly good site post. Not too many people would actually, the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best, with so much class. If wanted to know more about green smoke reviews, than by all means come in and check our stuff. Brampton Limo

    ReplyDelete